Any house renovation starts with a floor screed filling, which serves as a basis for further arranging the decorative coating: laminate, parquet, tile, etc. There may be several variations of this type of wrk, depending on many nuances. Knowledge of the technical nuances and the relevance of the processes can save you a lot of money.
The use of self-leveling mixtures allows you to create a perfectly flat surface. You can install laminate, floorboard and other decorative floor coverings in a few days on it.
Self-leveling screed has indisputable advantages which make it possible to effectively use it in-house or flat renovation:
- Good viscosity allowing to fill all the existing irregularities;
- Low weight, which does not exert a significant load on the structure;
- Short drying time which makes it possible to lay the coating after two days.
It’s a semi-dry screed which is using for large areas. For example, one team is capable of pouring from 150 to 250 square meters. Machine screed can be poured as a draft and finishing option.
Machine floor screed stands out with several advantages:
- High density. It ensures a minimum of water in the mixture;
- No shrinkage. It allows you to accurately calculate the required height to level the floor;
- Minimum work time. It’s a great option due to the low moisture content in the mixtures.
- The convenience of technology. The main work is carried out on the street. After that, you only need to make a floor leveling. It significantly reduces the room humidity.
A mechanized screed is a great opportunity to reduce the time and cost of repairing an apartment or a private house. You also will get the ideal floor surface for further work.
Wet screed floor is used extremely rarely in the past few years because a mechanized method is a more interesting method. However, it will be preferable in the following points:
- The wet screed is necessary when you need to fill in a small area (bathroom, kitchen, etc.);
- If the floor is filled in the garage. Parking and other places are acceptable too;
- When it is not possible to deliver, and place a lot of stuff and materials (cement, sand, etc.).
Make a quote and a preliminary plan before choosing a screed type. Also, consult with professionals about the type of materials and premises. It can save you a lot of money. Proceed to renovation independently only if you have the knowledge and experience. Otherwise, contact professional builders.
Floor renovation in Vancouver
If you want to update your floor, then we will help you! Call (778) 865-4107 or write us to find out how much it will cost.